Monday, February 27, 2017

How to remove restore Recycle bin My Computer icon from the desktop



How to remove restore Recycle bin My Computer icon from the desktop


For Windows Vista / 7 Users:
  1. Click Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Change desktop icons.
  2. Click to unselect the Recycle bin (or) My Computer check box to remove from the desktop. (OR) Click to select the Recycle bin (or) My Computer check box to restore.
  3. Click Apply and OK.

For Windows XP Users:
  1. Click Start > Run > type gpedit.msc and hit Enter.
  2. Now the Group Policy Editor window will be opened.
  3. In the left pane, click User Configuration > Administrative Templates > double click Desktop.
  4. Now in the right pane, double click Remove Recycle bin icon from desktop (or) Remove My Computer icon on the desktop.
  5. Click Setting tab > click Enable to hide (or) click Not Configured to restore > click OK.



Note: There are different methods in XP / Vista / 7 using registry editor but it is risky if you handle it wrong and I suggest the above method for safe.

Available link for download